Japanese Teriyaki Noodles
A delicious combination of comforting noodles and savoury teriyaki flavours. A dish that is both soothing and delectably wonderful is created when succulent chicken dances with perfectly cooked noodles while being drenched in a rich teriyaki sauce. Take in the delectable scents, exquisite textures, and enticing blend of sweet and savoury notes that will transport you to the heart of Japan. The Teriyaki Chicken Noodles can satisfy your cravings and tantalise your taste buds whether you’re looking for a quick weekday meal or a lovely gourmet experience.
Prepare to savour every delectable taste of this magnificent dish, which perfectly encapsulates Japanese cuisine. Your palette is caressed by the soft noodles as you take your first bite, giving you a delicious and comfortable sensation. The tender chicken adds a depth of flavour that perfectly combines with the noodles and is covered in a glossy teriyaki sauce. Each mouthful is an invitation to savour the nuanced harmony of sweet and savoury, the interaction of soft chicken and toothsome noodles.
The variety of Japanese Teriyaki Chicken Noodles is what makes them so beautiful. To make a dish that meets your tastes, pick your preferred noodles, such as ramen, soba, or udon. Add an array of colourful vegetables like crisp bell peppers, crunchy bean sprouts, or tender snow peas to enhance the visual appeal and nutritional value of the dish.
The act of making Japanese Teriyaki Chicken Noodles is enjoyable in and of itself. Your sense of taste will be awakened by the sensory feast created by the sizzle of the wok, the perfume of the Japanese teriyaki sauce, and the brilliant colours. This recipe presents an opportunity to discover the art of Japanese cuisine and produce a masterpiece in your own kitchen, regardless of whether you’re an experienced chef or an adventurous home cook.
Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or for impressing guests at a dinner party, Japanese Teriyaki Chicken Noodles is a dish that effortlessly combines convenience and elegance. Made quickly, allowing you to have a great and filling supper without sacrificing flavour.
To help you create a sensational dining experience, here are some quick tips for achieving the perfect balance of flavors and textures:
- Noodles should be boiled until barely firm but with a small bite. When noodles are stir-fried, overcooking can make them soggy.
- Before cooking, let the chicken rest in the teriyaki sauce for at least 15 to 30 minutes to let the flavours mix. By doing this, you can improve the chicken’s flavour and softness.
- Before cooking, dice the chicken and veggies into bite-sized pieces and have all the other ingredients measured and ready. This guarantees a smooth cooking procedure.
- By adding items like garlic, ginger, or chilli flakes to the stir-fry, you can experiment with different flavours. These can improve the flavour and add a touch of personality to your cuisine.
- Sprinkle some freshly chopped green onions, sesame seeds, or cilantro on top of the finished dish for added freshness and a pop of colour.
- Once the chicken and vegetables are cooked, add the teriyaki sauce in the final stages of cooking. This ensures that the sauce evenly coats the ingredients and prevents them from becoming too thick or sticky.
- Stir-fry the chicken and vegetables over high heat to achieve a quick and flavorful cooking process. This helps to retain the crispness of the vegetables and adds a delightful smoky wok flavour.
- Add the teriyaki sauce in the last few minutes of cooking, after the chicken and vegetables have finished. This keeps the sauce from thickening or getting too sticky while ensuring that the components are coated evenly.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 30 mins
Serves 3 – 4
Noodles ought to be prepared as directed on the package until they are medium-cooked. Drain, then set apart.
In a sizable skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
Stir-fry the chicken breasts that have been thinly sliced in the skillet until they are fully done and lightly browned. The chicken should be taken out of the skillet and put aside.
The remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil should be added to the same skillet. Stir-fry the mixed veggies till crisp-tender after adding them.
Add the cooked chicken and vegetables back to the skillet.
Toss the cooked noodles with the chicken and veggies in the skillet.
Pour the desired amount of Japanese Teriyaki sauce over the noodles, chicken, and vegetables. Stir well to coat everything evenly. Adjust the sauce amount according to your preference.
Once everything is heated through, cook for another minute or two, stirring occasionally.
Get rid of the heat and top with sesame seeds and green onions that have been finely sliced.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 200g (7 ounces) of your favourite noodles (such as udon, soba, or ramen)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced mixed vegetables (such as carrots, bell peppers, and broccoli)
- 2-3 tbsp of Japanese Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
Can I use different types of noodles for Japanese Teriyaki Chicken Noodles?
Absolutely! While traditional choices include udon or soba noodles, you can use your favourite noodles like ramen or even rice noodles for a unique twist.
How can I stop the noodles from adhering to one another?
After cooking, make sure to rinse the noodles in cold water to get rid of any extra starch. To keep them apart until you’re ready to use them, toss them with a little oil.
How can I increase the dish’s heat?
Absolutely! For those who enjoy a spicy kick, add some chilli flakes or chilli paste to the stir-fry or serve with a side of hot sauce.
Is it possible to prepare Japanese Teriyaki Chicken Noodles without soy sauce?
Yes, you can create a soy-free version by swapping out the soy sauce for tamari or coconut aminos. These choices provide comparable flavours without soy.
All Topics of Japanese Teriyaki